
We are heading off for our first family vacation this weekend. Robbie and one of his co-workers are presenting at a state conference in Myrtle Beach so we're making a weekend out of it. We're excited and nervous about our first over-night adventure with Campbell. Martha started packing yesterday....who knew babies needed so much stuff?!?!
We thought y'all might get a kick out of our packing list for her. We just know there are things we've left off....
Bottles, dawn, bottle brush, drying rack
Enfacare, measuring spoon
Pump, bottles
Pacifiers
Travel swing
Bassinet pack n play
Blankets, quilt
Swaddlers
Long sleeve and short sleeve onesies
Diapers, wipes, desitin, changing pad
Towels, washcloths, teddy bear bath sponge, soap, lotion
Burp cloths, bibs
White noise machine
Insulated bottle bag, ice packs
Medical info
Medicine, syringes
Boppy Lounger
Clothes, bathing suit, shoes, socks, hats, sunglasses
Baby bjorn
Baby Monitor
Night light
We'll post pictures of Campbell's first beach trip when we get back!
4 comments:
DON'T FORGET CAMPBELL WHEN YOU ARE DOING ALL THIS PACKING. IT WOULDN'T BE SO GOOD TO GET TO THE BEACH WITH ALL THOSE BABY THINGS AND REALIZE YOU FORGOT THE BABY!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP AND WE WILL BE PRAYING THAT IT WILL BE SAFE AND UNEVENTFUL. I LOVE ALL OF YOU,
MOM
They sure do take A LOT of stuff! I love going to my sister's house where she has all the baby stuff, but going any where else is a pain in the neck. I think we need a bigger trunk. Have a great time...try to go with the flow and enjoy the family time together. Take lots of pics so we can all see how your adventure went.
Hi Compton Family! I've done the "travel with baby thing" a LOT! We took our oldest on his first trip when he was about 2 months old - we drove to NC to go house hunting!
Yes, it takes LOADS of stuff. When I travel, I use disposable and multi-purpose stuff. I love the disposable washcloths with the soap already on them (one less thing that might leak)! I, too, have traveled with dishwashing detergent (you used to be able to get that on a disposable washcloth, too - but I don't know if they make it anymore). Something I learned - you can clean bottle parts and pacis in a cup/bowl of warm water with denture cleaner! It's antibacterial, and if it cleans dentures, it's safe to put in your mouth.....
I know that the packing (and set-up when you get there, and repacking to bring it home...) is a lot of work, but having the comforts of home when you travel with a baby is really important!
Enjoy the trip!
Now's the time when you think about investing in a mini-van! And even when you think you packed everything, you still have to run to Target or Walmart for the 5 things you forgot! I'm glad y'all had fun!
Love, Aunt Ju-Ju
Post a Comment