Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Trot 2009

Each year I run the Charlotte Turkey Trot which falls on Thanksgiving Day. . . . speaking of . . .

Campbell and Nana on Thanksgiving

Anyway . . . We usually take Ethan and let him run the "tot trot" which is 26.2 yards. This year I decided to let Ethan run the 1 mile and I would run it with him. For the days leading up he kept asking about if we will run or jog. I told him that we'd jog and he would say "no . . . . I'm going to run it." We even made a plan on where we would meet up after the race in case he ran so far ahead of me . . . the following is our video diary from the morning.

Check Ethan out . . . he's gone! Maybe I will be meeting him at our finish line meeting spot . . .



Well about 30 seconds later . . . look what I found . . .



So Ethan must have caught his second wind because he's gone!



20 seconds later . . . .



Still walking . . . now he wants to know if we're done . . .



Check out some of the video of the people (3 and 4 year olds) passing us.



Finally . . . the finish line . . . Ethan, we can run this . . .



So Ethan technically survived his first "official" run. On the way home he was telling me that he hoped they would not post his time on the internet. Well below are the official results. I'd like to point out that we came in 264 out of 275. Check out the screen shot and you can see that multiple 3 and 4 year olds who beat us. At least we can sleep well knowing that there were 10 people who finished behind us!!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you recognize asthma when you hear it? Mean old Uncle Robbie!! Sara says you torture her the same way when you run together!! Do you wonder why no one wants to run with you more than once?

Sara Hopper said...

That poor boy! I always knew you were a really tough running partner, but poor little fella! ;)

Sara Hopper said...

Okay, Robbie, just kidding. You are the best running partner ever. But maybe you should've let Ethan quit like we did last year!! (There! I announced it to the world. No longer a secret! He he he!!)

Robbie, Martha, Campbell, and Maggie said...

Some one has to toughen that boy up!

The Milne Family said...

maybe he should do some pre-race conditioning for next year... (as if I know what that is...lol)