Friday, September 23, 2011

15 on Friday

I know you're saying "What? FIFTEEN on Friday?  How did I get so lucky?!"  Well, I haven't done this post in 3 weeks and the cute and memorable moments and milestones have been piling up!

1.  Maggie has been a talking fool recently.  Seriously, she has been babbling, jabbering, and saying more new words than ever before.  Some of our favorites are ouch, up, eye, duck, and rabbit.  She also has been combining a couple of words like "Hi, Mama" and "Got a ball."

2.  Of course, she still calls Robbie "Mama" and I think it drives him a little bit crazy.  But it makes me laugh.

3.  Campbell likes to postpone bed time as much as she can...often with lots of requests for water, the bathroom, etc.  The other night she asked for water for about the 3rd time and I told her no more.  Her response:  "But I'm so DRINKY!"  I guess she forgot the word "thirsty"?

4.  Maggie is now walking into her classroom at school without crying.  It makes drop off so much easier for all of us!

5.  On the way to school one morning recently, Campbell proceeded to tell me this long story about how her Daddy was sleeping at school.  She said we had to hurry and that her friends were waiting for her to wake him up.  Random.

6.  When we went on our trip to California, we took our iPad and were excited to use FaceTime (like a video phone call).  Campbell seemed to enjoy it, Maggie not so much...  She really didn't seem to understand that  I was not in the phone :(

7.  We recently went to a Charlotte Knights baseball game with my friend, Adrienne, her daughter, Emily, and Campbell's friend, Eleanor.  It was Maggie's first  baseball game.  The girls enjoyed their stadium junk food: cotton candy and hot dogs!  The game...not so entertaining for the under 3 set.  But it was still fun to spend time with friends!

8.  Campbell's teacher came for a home visit.  Campbell was so excited to have her come to our house and she and Robbie made cookies for her.  When Mrs. Chamberlain was here, they went to go see Campbell's room.  Since Maggie was already sleeping, Campbell told her "Shhh, we have to tiptoe."  And tiptoe they did all the way to her room.  :)

9.  Robbie and Maggie were playing with the camera feature on his new iPad.  Silly kids.

10.  Campbell had Spirit Day at her school.  Robbie bought her a really cute pink (of course) USC shirt.  Her teacher sent us a picture of the class and I loved that right up front, Campbell and Eleanor were laughing with each other and most of the rest of the class was watching them.


11.  We went to Teagan's birthday party and got some great pictures of the girls at the park!  We were happy to see Campbell's friend, Emily, and the girls really enjoyed their cupcakes!


12.  We have really enjoyed the cooler weather recently.  It's been so nice to play outside in our backyard.  One evening, Campbell and Robbie started pretending that they were 2 of the 3 little pigs (Maggie was the token 3rd pig) and started "building" the straw house by putting the recently cut grass all over her play house.  They had so much fun...I had less fun since I was dubbed "the big bad wolf".  ;)


13.  Both of my girls' teachers have told me "she is such a GOOD eater".  Yeah, tell me about it.  Maggie's teacher even asked that I send more food at lunch... 

14.  On a similar note, I recently attempted to have Maggie work on using her fork and an open cup at dinner...thank God we were sitting outside on her porch and I had stripped her shirt off!


15.  And last, but not least, every really long blog post, really should have at least 1 cute video:

No comments: