Here are 6 reasons I'm loving my girls this week:
1. Maggie loves jewelry. Some of her favorite words are bracelet and necklace. Her favorite bracelets are ponytail holders. I just love this picture of her and the necklace that Nana bought her on their day together early this week.
2. This past weekend both girls came down with a cough. Campbell got sick first and then Maggie...but Campbell kept insisting that Maggie wasn't sick. Well, Maggie ended up getting very sick with pneumonia and was at the doctor 2 days in a row. Campbell got a little jealous and told Robbie..."Daddy, I'm so sick but no one will take me to the doctor!" Poor neglected girl.
3. On Maggie's 3rd trip this week to the doctor, we were very impressed when Maggie automatically lifted her arm up when the nurse said "time to take your temperature" and then she picked her shirt up as soon as the doctor got his stethoscope out. She's a pro at this by now!
4. Campbell weighed in at 35 pounds and was just under 40 inches tall. She's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight! She's come a long way!
5. Tonight at dinner we were all comparing our arm muscles (new muscles for me and Robbie since we've been working out!). After dinner the girls were walking to the bath and I heard Maggie start crying. She came up to me crying and pointing to her sister. I asked "Campbell, what happened? Did you hit Maggie?" She said "No, it was my strong muscles!" I'm not sure how that works exactly...
6. A while back I had read about a game that the Obamas play at dinner every night called "Roses and Thorns". In it, each person describes one rose, something good from the day, and one thorn, something not-so-good from the day. Regardless of our political opinions, I thought that this was a really neat idea. I've been waiting for the girls (or at least Campbell) to get old enough to start and this was the week. I was amazed at how quickly she picked up on the meaning of the rose and the thorn. It has been so interesting to hear little moments from her day that we may not have learned about otherwise. Whether it was something good like doing a special art project at school or something not-so-good like a friend not wanting to play with her at recess. This conversation starter has enabled us to reflect on the good and the bad and our feelings and reactions to both. It's been a hit and I think it's definitely a new tradition in the Compton house!

2 comments:
Cute pic of Maggie! Way to go on the weigh in Campbell! Do you remember when Anna was twice her size? Now C has surpassed little A. Ohh and we already talk about our favorite part of the day at dinner. Hmm, maybe we should add the not so favorite.
The Kardashisns play a game similar to the Obamas...peak and pit. I plan on starting this in August when Em starts school.
Post a Comment