Saturday, May 26, 2012

6 on Saturday

Again, I hate that it's been a while since I did one of these posts...I love writing them and then reading them later so much!  I'm hoping that with only a few more days of school before summer break, I'll have more time and energy to be more consistent!

Here are 6 reasons I'm loving my girls this week:

1.  Recently, for the first time without prompting, Maggie reached up and hugged me and said "I wub you."  Translation= "I love you" and my heart melted!

2. Campbell has been very interested in relationships and status and who is who's boss.  She says things like "Daddy is the boss because he's older than you, Mommy." When I respond that not only is he not older than me, but that he's not my boss and I'm not his boss, she seemed very confused.  She also thinks Ms. Chamberlain, her teacher, is the boss of us all.  She told Robbie this week "No daddy, metal can't hurt you. Ms. Chamberlain told me. She knows more than you."

3.  Maggie has very definite opinions and one of those opinions is not very favorable of her Daddy's singing...check out this adorable video of her letting Robbie know exactly how she felt about it:


4. Robbie is determined to make Campbell into a golfer.  He even got her a toddler-sized left handed club.  They have gone together to hit golfballs several times and she loves it.  I wish that there were a ROAR golf league...

5. So, Robbie has talked frequently over the years about a cereal eating contest he won back in college.  Whenever we'd hear about some competitive food-eating event in our area, he'd talk about entering and winning it.  So, when I heard about a local bakery having a cupcake eating contest, I knew he'd be all over it.  And he was.  We had so much fun and the girls even got to participate in a kids' version.  Maggie ate 1/2 of a cupcake and Campbell came in 2nd place when she ate 3!  However, neither of them came close to Robbie's winning number of 16 cupcakes!  You heard that right, 16!  He even took a "victory round" and ate number 17 just for fun.  The 2nd runner up in his round only at 9 so he won by a lot!  It was a fun evening and one of so many memories we've made this month!

This first picture isn't great of Robbie, but I love how Maggie is looking up at him.  What a good role model he is!

6.  Campbell finished her first year of preschool this week.  We have been amazed to watch her grow throughout the year.  We had a parent teacher conference this week and the teacher was full of praises for her academic and social skills.  Campbell can write her name, knows all of her letters and numbers, can count to 29 (then skips to 40), and do all kinds of other smart things.  She is sweet, is never in trouble, and has a lot of friends.  We were so proud!  Here she is with her teacher, Ms. Chamberlain, as well as a picture of her at Water Day on the last day of school.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! 16 cupcakes! I don't know whether to be scared or impressed. Good job Robbie, I think.