Thursday, June 14, 2012

My new running buddy

Since New Year's Day, I've been pretty committed to my running and exercise.  Just last week, I celebrated National Running Day by going running with my friend and neighbor, Sarah.
This dedication is paying off in more ways than I ever imagined.  Now when I put my hair into a ponytail and put on  my running shoes, Campbell knows Mommy is going for a run or doing some sort of exercise.  One of my biggest motivations in this healthy lifestyle change is to be a better example of health for my girls
Recently a friend handed down a pair of silver sneakers to Campbell and they look a lot like my running shoes.  Today she pulled them out, put them on, changed her clothes into "running clothes", and announced she was coming with me for my run.  So, we went together and had a great time.  She was only able to run for short bursts of time but we spent the time in between walking and talking.  We talked about how good running is for our bodies, how good it makes us feel, and about the butterflies, bugs, and flowers we passed along the way.  She was so cute, excited, and serious about the running

It was awesome and I look forward to making this a regular Mommy/Daughter activity.

Here we are after our "run".  Campbell was so proud of the fact that she was sweating.  (Notice the flower that she was holding...we picked it on our "run".)

The cutest running partner ever!

1 comment:

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

This is just the BEST.