Monday, March 11, 2013

Catching up...Gymnastics

The girls started gymnastics in January.  They are both in the same class (pre-school girls) and are loving it!  Their favorite activities are the balance beam and jumping into the pit filled with foam squares.  

Funny story about their gymnastics outfits:  my mom wanted to buy them new gear so she went to the shop without them to check it out.  She called me and said "some of them are pretty bright" but I re-assured her that I was fine with them picking out whatever they wanted.  They're only little once, right?  Of course, that was until I saw their outfits... This is the picture my mom sent to me from the store.  Apparently, Campbell chose hers because it was the "softest". Sure enough, purple leopard print velour is pretty soft.  Maggie chose hers...well probably because it was the brightest thing there.  At least I can pick them out from the crowd!

They are getting more comfortable in the class every day.  At first Robbie had to do the stretches with them but now they (and by "they", I mean Maggie) are more independent and he actually just gets to watch from the sidelines.  It's pretty darn cute.


They also really love getting their suckers at the end for a reward for their hard work!

2 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Love this post! I really need to get C in gymnastics. I think she'd have a blast. She pretty uses the living room as gymnastics equipment already, haha!

Gabriel Beal said...

They are so darn cute.
-Shirin