1. Most parents have kids that like to sneak candy...and while my kids love candy, we don't keep any in the house so they like to sneak and eat frozen peas! Here is photographic evidence:
2. "Questions"
Every day after school, the first thing the girls ask for when getting into the van is to watch the DVD player. It was frustrating because I felt like I was never talking to them and when I did, they didn't want to talk to me...they just wanted to watch Dora. So, I started a new policy. To get me to turn the DVD player on, they have to answer at least 3 questions each. We already to "roses and thorns" at dinner (ask questions about good and not-so-good things from their day), so I decided these questions will be more trivia-like. We have all really enjoyed them! I ask them things like simple animal trivia, simple addition and subtraction word problems, completing a pattern, how to spell Maggie's name (which she has mastered, by the way!), etc. Yesterday when I asked how many questions each girl wanted, Maggie said 5 and Campbell said 124! If you have any suggestions for trivia type questions or even simple riddles, I'd love to hear them!
3. Maggie was "reading" Robbie's shirt the other night and we thought it was too funny. Here is a transcript in case it's hard to understand...
"I love me. I love sister. I love Chamberlain. I love Mommy!" (Mrs. Chamberlain is Campbell's teacher and Maggie's future teacher)
4. One of our favorite things about warm weather is eating outside on our back porch. We only have a small bistro-size table back there, but we make do and we love it!
5. Campbell has such a sweet heart and spirit. This week she was signing some cards that they picked out for Mother's Day for Robbie's mom, his Grandma Compton, and my mom. Campbell asked if she could send a card to her Grandma who died and is in Heaven. She went on to say that she misses her so much and really hopes that Grandma would send her a card from Heaven. I'm pretty sure on Sunday there will be cards and balloons available to send Grandma her Mother's Day message in Heaven...
No comments:
Post a Comment