We are so excited to announce that the baby-proofing of the Compton household is underway. "Why?" you ask...well Campbell has recently been going through a development "spurt". Most of you know that she was diagnosed with a motor delay due to being behind (even considering her adjusted age) in motor skills. Well, she's working hard to catch up! So hard that her Occupational Therapist only wants to see her every other week rather than every week.
Some of her recently acquired skills include:
-pulling herself to stand in the bathtub (and subsequently falling over because Mommy didn't really think she'd be able to do it)
-trying to pull herself up in her crib
-rolling from her back to her belly (she's been able to roll the other way for months)
and... drum roll please...
CRAWLING! Yes, you heard right! Campbell crawled 2 and 1/2 feet this morning. Of course this was before I woke up and only know because Robbie reported it to me. And although she hasn't made it quite that distance again today, she is definitely on the move!
Woo hoo!
Here are a couple of videos of her working on her crawling this afternoon:
(you may want to turn down your sound, I got a little excited and my voice got annoyingly loud and high-pitched)
16 comments:
That cell phone got Avery goin too! The tech savvy girls we got!
Oh my gosh. Yeah Campbell!!!!!!!! She is doing so well. I am so proud of her. I knew it wouldn't be long.See you Wed.Crystal
Wow! I love it! The videos are precious and she is moving right along. Now you guys are really going to be on the move. Enjoy!
Yeah Campbell! Sophie is doing the army crawl also... Way to go!!!This is so exciting!
She is so freaking cute!!!!!(Angela Sweeney)
Oh Martha! How sweet is she! She is doing fabulous! YEAH CAMPBELL!!! Yea for Mommy & Daddy too, you guys have worked hard with her!
Yeah! I was cheering her along the video too with a big smile on my face!
I love how she's trying to get her knees up under her! Great job, Campbell!
I love how she's trying to get her knees up under her! Great job, Campbell!
Good job Campbell. Love the outfit and bow, too. Love you, Nana
Woohoo!!! Go Campbell!
Looking great, Campbell! It looks like you will be moving by your first birthday!
The photography class was at St. John's Methodist church and it was a one-time thing, although he talked about doing another one since there was a lot of information in a short time. I saw it in the Herald. I think they also offer digital photography 101 at York Tech- also in the paper!
I was just lead to your blog.
We have several things in common.
Both our daughters were born early although mine not nearly as early...five weeks but still considered a preemie and I do value March of Dimes. Also my sweet girl's name is also Campbell. Mine is Campbell Faith. I enjoyed reading your story and I hope your heart continues to heal. I had similar fears during my second pregnancy but after being scared the first time I think it just is in the cards. Continue to trust in the Lord and he will grant you peace. Have a wonderful day. ML
PS. the other thing in common is they both have Nana's. Had to throw that in as it was my C's nana that brought me to your site.
Yay Campbell! We are so proud of you. Watch our Martha and Robbie...she'll be in to EVERYTHING!
You're in for trouble if she loves the cell phone already at this age! So cute to see her crawl and love that she's in a "spurt". I have some questions about when Campbell was diagnosed with motor delay. What's the best way for us to chat?
Post a Comment