Friday, December 10, 2010

5 on Friday

Here are 5 reasons I'm loving my girls this week:
1.  I went away for the weekend for my sister's Bachelorette.  It was the first time I've left the girls for 2 nights.  When I got back Campbell was napping and Maggie was playing.  When I picked Maggie up, she was so happy and just kept touching my face.  It was so sweet and definitely not a normal thing for her to do.  I just wanted to hug her tight and promise I'd never leave her again...but I couldn't because I know I will.  But I hope I never forget the way her soft little hands kept stroking my cheeks.

2.  Campbell and I experimented with pigtails this week.  So cute!  Unfortunately she keeps taking them out after a few minutes, but I thoroughly enjoy them while she tolerates them :)



3.  Maggie got her first little hair cut this week.  I trimmed the crazy-long pieces off the sides and cleaned up her back-mullet and rat tail.  I was going to take a cute after picture, but instead she woke up from nap looking like this:
 4.  Maggie's laugh...check out this video. Need I say more?




WARNING:  The final point on this week's list is a little X-rated, so you may want to skip if you blush easily, giggle at inappropriate things, or just want to believe my 2 year old never sees me nekkid.  I thought about not posting this story, but Robbie and I have been giggling about it all week and I wanted it recorded for me to look back upon.

5.  First off, I should explain that I'm an "Exclusive Pumper"  which means that rather than nurse Maggie, I pump and feed her breast milk in a bottle.  As a result, Campbell is very familiar with what a breast pump is and how it works.  Campbell has been known to take the pump cups and put one to her belly button and say "I pumping, too!" which is pretty funny in itself... 

So, now that you have that background info, here is the story:  One day this week Campbell walked into the bathroom as I was getting out of the shower.  She looked right at my breasts (which I know I have told her the proper name for before), got a thoughtful look on her face, pointed, and said  "Those your pumpees".   I'm not sure we'll ever stop using that nickname for breasts, hee hee hee.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Number 5 is HILARIOUS! We use the word chest because I know Anna will break out and talk about them in public.

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

That is so sweet and hilarious!!

Sara Hopper said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!