My Great-Aunt Margie has been knitting stockings for all of the members of our family for generations. My dad (along with his siblings and cousins) had one growing up and then I (along with my sisters and cousins) got one when I was born. When I got married, she made one for Robbie and then she made one for Campbell. Margie's arthritis is really bothering her these days so I was even more thrilled when I opened our mail today and found Maggie's stocking. It feels like we can finally get ready for Christmas!
Here are a couple of close-up pictures...
Thank you so much, Margie! I love this special family tradition that you have single-handedly been responsible for!
3 comments:
P's grandmother has done the same and this year she's working on one for Paige, but I'm afraid it's been very difficult for her. I pray it's a task that helps her mental stamina and doesn't create a hardship!
My great-aunt makes sews stocking for everyone in our family - isn't it such a great tradition?
I love these stockings so much too and I'm so glad to be able to share them with my family! I was so thrilled to get Lydia's today!
Post a Comment