Robbie and I have been inspired by the class that we're taking at our church, Financial Peace, and our friends, The Kellys, who just ended "Frugal February", to declare this month, "March Money-Saving Madness!"
This month, we will focus on every area of our spending to see how we can save money. Some of our efforts include:
-avoiding Target (it is an area of weakness for me, for sure!) but if I have to go, I will make a list and stick to it. For example, last week I went but only bought what was on my list: formula, diapers, prescriptions, etc.
-making meal and grocery lists for each week (we do this much of the time already but are easily tempted by grocery items that are wants, not needs).
-contact our insurance company to inquire about raising our premiums to decrease our monthly payments.
-contact our cell phone and cable companies to inquire about ways to save money
-canceled our home phone since we rarely used it
-limit purchases of non-necessity items (ask ourselves: "Do we need this or do we just want it?")
-eat out only once a week (and use a coupon or go where kids eat free)
-create a budget and STICK TO IT
-sell items on Ebay and Craigslist (made $182 last week!!)
So, what are your favorite money-saving tips?
3 comments:
Good thing you came to the Emily Wee Sale in February! I know what you mean about Target - I went four times this past weekend and spent about $200 total. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Yay Martha! You can do it!! You KNOW Target is my weakness...avoid at all costs. And what are you selling on Ebay?
Heather,
On Ebay I sold a few Wii games and a fertility monitor. On Craigslist I sold a rug and a Magic Bullet. I listed some baby stuff on CL but haven't gotten any interest so I'll be selling that stuff at a local big consignment sale in the fall.
Post a Comment