








So I'm posting with Martha sitting here on the couch (at our house) which means we all survived our "rooming in" experience. I've even posted a few pictures of Campbell from this morning . . . so she survived too! We didn't even have the call the nurse at all . . . we did it on our own! I took pictures chronicling our first night. I even took a self portrait at 6:16am . . . wow!
I'll answer the question that everyone is going to ask . . . did we sleep? Nope!!! If we were home in our house, we might have been able to get a few hours, but the amenities there really were not conducive of sleep. We had a hard pull out couch . . . did I mention that it was hard?
As for Campbell, she didn't sleep too well either. I think that the new surroundings made her anxious. She looked confused. There were no overhead lights, beeping machines, talking nurses, or crying babies . . . I don't think she knew what to think. However, she did just fine . . . check out those pictures . . . it appears that she did just fine.
She's getting another car seat test today and she's going to be seen by the gastroenterologist (routine appointment to check on her reflux). We'll post more once we hear from the gastroenterologist.
Normally, this is when Campbell says "Ta-Ta for now . . . I'm off to sleep." However today I'm going to end by saying "good night . . . Martha and I are to sleep (yes, it's 1:26pm)!"
3 comments:
Your first of many more sleepless nights with baby...it is offical, you have been blessed by your newborn! Enjoy and you might get a good night sleep when she is off to college! Can't wait to hear about the big day!
Looks like Campbell was better rested than her Daddy... So precious! Love, Aunt Ju-Ju
I did not have time to checkin this morning and it looks like I missed alot. Campbell, you had a sleepover---how great. I want tell Julia because she begs for one all the time, but her Nana is just too tired. Your mommy and daddy will have a lot of sleepless nights,not because you stay awake, but just because they will want to constantly watch you! Going home soon that sounds great.
Love
Cousin Susan
Post a Comment