For the cutest kid in her first outfit . . . the oscar goes to Campbell Ann Compton. Check her out . . . isn't she the cutest!? This is her in her first outfit ever. Now that she doesn't have the temperature sensor anymore, we can dress our daughter. It was the neatest thing putting her back in her isolette with her shirt still on.
As far as an update . . . she's now 2lbs 14.8oz (1,325g). Her CBC (blood work) is looking better. Her platelet count is still dropping, but the doctor is hoping that that will go up tonight. We've all noticed, including Nurse Kelley (who is leaving us on Wednesday for another hospital), that she's tolerating things a lot more now. You can now change her diaper and her heart rate doesn't go through the roof, nor does her breathing stop. She's also going through long periods (full days) with no As or Bs (apnea/brady) We are so blessed!!!!
As far as me (Robbie) I'm starting to really get "daddy fever" . . . for the past two days I've come to the realization that I'm ready for her to come home. I hate leaving her up there. I've come up with the greatest plan . . . . I can take her from her isolette (speaking of, once she gets 1700g, she'll be in a typical crib) . . . back to the plan. I can take her from the isolette, fit her in my pocket, and make a bee-line dash to the door. By the time they notice, I'll be in my car on 77 southbound heading to Rock Hill. Hmm . . . . tempting . . . .! (for Nurse Christine and Nurse Kelley, who read our blog . . . . I'm only kidding . . . I would never do that!) =) However, if you look at the first picture above . . . it appears that Campbell is contemplating the thought of a jail break in my pocket.
Campbell also mentioned to me today that she wanted to give a shout out to her Aunt Say-Say. "Thanks for all the fashion advice home girl"
9 comments:
You are such a beautiful family!!! :)I am so very glad Campbell is doing so much better after the whirlwind of the past few days. I am thinking of you and continuing to pray for you, too.
Love you!
Julie
And the fashion show begins...!
Campbell just gets more beautiful
with each ounce. We love all of you and are so happy to see your newest family portrait. Mom and Dad
aka Nana and Pop
Campbell! Girl, you are looking glam!! I'm so proud of you getting to wear your first clothes! You look red-carpet fabulous!
Love you so much!!
Your Aunt Sa-Sa!!
Campbell, you are the "coolest" kid! That is what Julia would say. You just get prettier everyday. I love your family picture and you really do look good in those clothes. I hope each day continues like the past 2 and you just get stronger and stronger. We love you.
Cousin Susan
We got some cute stuff in the mail to ya since it will be a while before she can wear the smocked dress! We can't wait to see all the pics of new outfits! (My friend Kate takes pics everyday of what Reese wears) Get the girl a mirror so she can see too- Finley loves to look at herself and outfits in the mirror. She gets very sassy! Have fun playing dress up...and when she is bigger I have tons of "costumes" for you! Robbie, I still have your name on the chicken one for the turkey trot!
Robbie and Martha,
She looks beautiful. She has filled out and is so pretty. I know it felt neat to finally put clothes on your baby doll! Thank you for sharing and we'll see you soon!
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa
Look at those chubby cheeks! So SWEET! Love y'all!
It's amazing how very different she looks from day to day and the difference in weight is only ounces. God is amazing... just looking at this proces outside of the womb (what would normally be happening inside) is such a testament to his creative work as a Supreme Diety. Thank you for ahring her story with so much vulnerability. It makes us even more prayerful and thankful for our own Calvin (in utero) at 19 weeks. BTW- how hard/easy is it to find clothes for this size... just wondering. :) She's beautiful!!
Post a Comment